1.21.2010

Yummy Best Ever Banana Cake Recipe Courtesy of

Recipezarr.com and yumyumum

Like a sweet little Betty Crocker I baked a double-layered, cream-cheese frosting, chocolate chip extroidinare banana cake. I wasn't sure who I was going to feed it to so I insisted the girls come over and help me and add a little love to our hippy hippy shake. Not sure how you feel about bananas - oddly enough I gag on the actual fruit itself and most anything flavored that way (don't get me started on banana candy!) however! I have love banana bread (likely due to the copious amounts of butter) and more recently banana cake. MMMMMMMMM! Enjoy my sweets!!

*The only thing I would possibly change is to actually use 1 cup of bananas instead of 1 1/2 cups

Best Ever Banana Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed, ripe
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 1/8 cups sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups buttermilk

Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups icing sugar

Garnish
chopped walnuts


Directions
1 Preheat oven to 275°.
2 Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
3 In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
4 In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
5 In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
6 Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
7 Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
8 Stir in banana mixture.
9 Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick
inserted in center comes out clean.
10 Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake
very moist.
11 For the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
12 Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
13 Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is
smooth.
14 Spread on cooled cake.
15 Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top of the frosting, if desired. OR Like I did, use
chocolate chips instead!


I had an image to include, but my uncooperative brain deleted all of the photos on my camera before I uploaded it. Now the only thing left is a trail of crumbs.

With Love!

Miss Gigi L'Amour

No comments:

Post a Comment